RE: [Gluster-devel] How to increase a throughput

From: Ben Mok
Subject: RE: [Gluster-devel] How to increase a throughput
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:15:42 +0800

Hi Vikas,

I have already loaded performance translators, if I want to increase nodes
to improve the performance, client or server nodes you suggest to increase?
Thx !
Ben

For Client side:
volume iothreads
           type performance/io-threads
          option thread-count 8
           option cache-size 128MB
           subvolumes storage-unify
   end-volume

   volume readahead
        type performance/read-ahead
        option page-size 128kb ### in bytes
        option page-count 64 ### memory cache size is page-count x page-size
per file
        subvolumes iothreads
    end-volume

   volume writebehind
         type performance/write-behind
         option aggregate-size 131072 # in bytes
         option flush-behind on
         subvolumes readahead
   end-volume

   volume io-cache
        type performance/io-cache
        option cache-size 512MB             # default is 32MB
        option page-size 256KB               #128KB is default option
        option force-revalidate-timeout 7200  # default is 1
        subvolumes writebehind
   end-volume