Re: [Gluster-devel] Weird lock-ups

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Weird lock-ups
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:09:20 +0000

KwangErn Liew wrote:

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 9:24 PM, <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Is there any way I can provide more meaningful and less anecdotal
    debug information? The problem I am seeing is very real and
    reproducible, but not a great deal (of useful things, at least) ends
    up in the logs.

Start glusterfs with -L DEBUG

Could you also try out the pre-releases of 1.4.x? http://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/glusterfs-1.4.0qa42.tar.gz is the latest available.

1.3.x isn't exactly a usable release for AFR anymore.

That's pretty worrying. The "stable" release is unusable for AFR, but the pre-release is? Isn't that a bit backward? How stable is the pre-release?

I managed to get it to replicate in the end by not mounting the FS (client part) on the empty target server and doing head -c1 on all files on the currently populated server. After that, mounting the client on the freshly populated server seems to work fine.

Gordan