Re: [Gluster-devel] Weird lock-ups

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Weird lock-ups
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 12:14:44 +0530

Gordan,

I checked on pre5 by creating a no-dest symlink and check how it
behaves. It was fine. Avati said that he had seen similar issue in
pre5 and not on latest code. Hence mentioned that it would be fixed in
pre6. I am not sure why you saw that bug, if you see same issue on
pre6 then we will investigate.

Regards
Krishna

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Gordan Bobic <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> Thinking about it, could it be that symlinking to a different FS (that
> doesn't exist on the other node) is what causes the lock-uk/crash in 1.3.x,
> too? This might explain why syncing from the remote node (invalid link)
> works but from the local node (valid link) hangs.
>
> Gordan
>
> Krishna Srinivas wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gordan,
>>
>> Next pre release will fix this, excuse us for not responding to this
>> thread.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Krishna
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:05 AM, Gordan Bobic <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I 1.4.0pre5 doesn't seem to work for me at all.
>>>
>>> When I try to ls the share, I get broken directory entries. This is the
>>> sort
>>> of thing ls returns for my home directory:
>>>
>>> ?---------  ? ?                ?             ?            ? gordan
>>>
>>> instead of:
>>>
>>> drwxr-x--- 70 gordan           gordan      4096 Nov  3 01:22 gordan
>>>
>>> This is what ends up in the log:
>>> 2008-11-02 13:42:02 C [posix.c:2749:ensure_file_type] home-store: stat
>>> failed while trying to make sure entry /gluster/home/gordan/.
>>> wine is a directory: No such file or directory
>>> 2008-11-02 13:42:02 E [afr_self_heal.c:123:afr_lds_setdents_cbk] home:
>>> op_ret=-1 op_errno=2
>>> 2008-11-02 13:42:02 E [fuse-bridge.c:398:fuse_entry_cbk] glusterfs-fuse:
>>> 50: