Re: [Gluster-devel] gcc version dependency?

From: rhubbell
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] gcc version dependency?
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 00:32:16 -0800

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 10:26 -0800, rhubbell wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a version dependency on gcc and gluster?
> Is there currently a preference by devs? gcc3 or 4?

I ended up building with gcc4 and I got it built on Solaris10.
I also built it on redhat linux from the same tar ball, 1.4pre7

I started with a simple setup and I am unable to get the linux box to
mount the solaris gfs.

I installed the fuse-gfs and built that and loaded the kernel module
fine on the linux client.

Error on client:

client: SETVOLUME on remote-host failed: ret=-2 address@hidden

ls on the mount point produces:

Transport endpoint is not connected

server errors (not exact):

server: socket header validation failed
socket.c:492  socket header has incorrect size1=3120562176