Re: [Gluster-devel] File replication

From: Raghavendra G
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] File replication
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:30:08 +0400

Hi,

The central storage can export a brick for replication to each of the N servers. Each of the N servers can have afr of a local brick and a brick exported by the server.

A sample configuration can be,

Central storage,

volume brick-1
    type storage/posix
    option directory /storage/1
end-volume

volume brick-2
   type storage/posix
   option directory /storage/2
end-volume
.
.
.
.
.

volume brick-n
  type storage/posix
  option directory /storage/n
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type socket
  subvolumes brick-1 brick-2 . . . brick-n
  auth.ip.brick-1.allow <server-1 ip address>
  auth.ip.brick-2.allow <server-2 ip address>
  .
  .
  .
  auth.ip.brick-n.allow <server-n ip address>
end-volume

Each of the server can have glusterfs client as,
volume local-storage
  type storage/posix
  option directory /storage/local/
end-volume

volume client
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type socket
  option remote-host <ip address of Central storage>
  option remote-subvolume <name of the brick exported by the central storage corresponding to this server>
end-volume

you can experiment with this configuration along with performance translators.

regards,