Re: [Gluster-devel] Mail cluster storage benchmark

From: Daniel van Ham Colchete
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Mail cluster storage benchmark
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:03:24 -0200

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:01 PM, NovA <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!

And what is the scheduling policy of DHT? Is there something like NUMA planned?

Best regards,
 Andrey

Andrey,

I think the DHT will distribute things equaly for all the subvolumes. It does that according with a hash of the filename. It doesn`t use weights on subvolumes, although it should be easy to implement.

This is why the DHT is great, the lookup() and open() operations will go only for the only node that have the file. DHT is also great because it doesn't have the namespace cache, but I think unify will remove this too...

Tomorrow I`ll get the new storages and start the tests.

Best,
Daniel