Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS hangs/fails: Transport endpoint is not con

From: Fred Hucht
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS hangs/fails: Transport endpoint is not connected
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:44:31 +0100

Hi,

I forgot to say: A

# umount -f /scratch; umount /scratch; mount /scratch

resolves the problems. No need to reload fuse.

Fred

On 25.11.2008, at 13:42, Joe Landman wrote:

Fred Hucht wrote:
Hi!
The glusterfsd.log on all nodes are virtually empty, the only entry on 2008-11-25 reads 2008-11-25 03:13:48 E [io-threads.c:273:iot_flush] sc1-ioth: fd context is NULL, returning EBADFD
on all nodes. I don't think that this is related to our problems.
Regards,
   Fred

Hi Fred

Could you post complete /var/log/messages file on pastebin? I have seen something like this before when fuse crashes. Fuse crashing could be due to a bug in fuse, the kernel, etc. Also could be hardware that is failing.

Does an unmount/remount fix the problem?

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO

Dr. Fred Hucht <address@hidden>
Institute for Theoretical Physics
University of Duisburg-Essen, 47048 Duisburg, Germany