[Gluster-devel] Blocking client when server is down

From: Martin Fick
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Blocking client when server is down
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:01:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Is there any way to configure a glusterfs client to simply block if the server
is currently not available.  I know I have asked this in the past and it was
not possible then.  I thought that perhaps the new HA translator would make
this possible, but it does not seem to work that way?  Are there any timeouts
out other options to any of the translators that would make this possible?

This is the only feature that currently prevents me from using glusterfs as an
NFS replacement.  If this is not currently possible, are there any plans to
make it possible, is that a goal for glusterfs 2.0?

Thanks,

-Martin