Re: [Gluster-devel] xfs, fstab, glusterfs

From: Jake Maul
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] xfs, fstab, glusterfs
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 00:34:36 -0700

On the brick server (the content server... the one with the
XFS-formatted volume), FUSE is actually not used or even needed as far
as I can tell. Leave your fstab mount alone, and treat GlusterFS as a
pure replacement for NFS's /etc/exports.

FUSE only comes into play on the client side, where it's no longer
relevant what the underlying filesystem is. If I'm reading you right,
your XServe is the client in this scenario. Perhaps Mac OSX's FUSE
implementation is strange somehow, I'm not familiar with it.
Otherwise, it sounds to me like you're doing it right. Sounds like
either a permissions problem or a bug somewhere (first guesses would
be Mac OSX's FUSE, or GlusterFS client on OSX).