Re: [Gluster-devel] Bad file descriptor

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Bad file descriptor
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 18:20:54 +0530

Alfred,

It looks like a bug with iozone. I tried it on ext3:

address@hidden test]#  /opt/benchmarks/iozone-3.315/bin/iozone -s 3k
-i 0 -i 1 -f test1
        Iozone: Performance Test of File I/O
                Version $Revision: 3.315 $
                Compiled for 64 bit mode.
                Build: linux-AMD64

        Contributors:William Norcott, Don Capps, Isom Crawford, Kirby Collins
                     Al Slater, Scott Rhine, Mike Wisner, Ken Goss
                     Steve Landherr, Brad Smith, Mark Kelly, Dr. Alain CYR,
                     Randy Dunlap, Mark Montague, Dan Million, Gavin Brebner,
                     Jean-Marc Zucconi, Jeff Blomberg, Benny Halevy,
                     Erik Habbinga, Kris Strecker, Walter Wong, Joshua Root.

        Run began: Fri Jan  2 04:47:58 2009

        File size set to 3 KB
        Command line used: /opt/benchmarks/iozone-3.315/bin/iozone -s
3k -i 0 -i 1 -f test1
        Output is in Kbytes/sec
        Time Resolution = 0.000001 seconds.
        Processor cache size set to 1024 Kbytes.
        Processor cache line size set to 32 bytes.
        File stride size set to 17 * record size.
                                                            random
random    bkwd   record   stride
              KB  reclen   write rewrite    read    reread    read
write    read  rewrite     read   fwrite frewrite   fread  freread
               3       4       0       0
Error reading block 0 d9d00000
read: Bad file descriptor
address@hidden test]#

It gives error for -s <= 3k

strace output shows that iozone is calling close() twice on the same fd:
close(3)                                = 0
close(3)                                = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)

The second close getting EBADF

Krishna