Re: [Gluster-devel] create Debian / Ubuntu / openSUSE / CentOS / ... pa

From: Peter Petrov
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] create Debian / Ubuntu / openSUSE / CentOS / ... packages in one place
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:03:27 +0200

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM, David Mayr - Hetzner Online AG <address@hidden> wrote:

I already tried to create glusterfs 2.0.0rc1 packages for Debian/Ubuntu, but
had not much success so far as I'm not very familiar with packaging. Maybe
someone with more packaging experience can help me here.

My Build Service Project can be found here:
 https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Admayr%3Aglusterfs
The resulting packages (after successful build) will be here:
 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dmayr:/glusterfs/

If someone can / wants to help me, please tell me either your Build Service
username so that I can add it for write access to my project or create a new
project for glusterfs inside the Build Service.

I really would like to beta-test the 2.0.0rc1 release on our 250 TB storage
cluster with DHT and report bugs if there are any.

I have working DEB packages for GlusterFS 2.0.0rc1 in my PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~onestone/+archive

However, I don't recommend them as a base for the official GlusterFS Debian/Ubuntu packages. I used Debian Unstable's 1.3.12 packages as a starting point and hacked them a little to get it to work. But the separation between -client and -server binary packages shouldn't be done the way it is now (probably it shouldn't exist at all).