RE: [Gluster-devel] Why integrate both client and server into a single e

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: RE: [Gluster-devel] Why integrate both client and server into a single executable?
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 12:45:56 +0000

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:37:24 +0800, Kirby Zhou <address@hidden>
wrote:
>> http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/AFR_single_process
> So it means I cannot stop client / server role separately except I modify
> the volume spec file?
> I do not think it is acceptable for a productive environment.

I guess that depends on your requirements. Personally, I think the
performance boost and the more streamlined operation (you only have to
mount the FS, no need to worry about starting up the server daemon process)
easily outweigh the drawbacks of not being able to restart client and
server processes separately.

Either way, you have a choice. :)

Gordan