Re: [Gluster-devel] CLIENT_PORT_CIELING (sic)

From: Raghavendra G
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] CLIENT_PORT_CIELING (sic)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:14:32 +0400

Hi,

How many protocol/client translators are you using? Can you mail the volume specification file? glusterfs tries to bind to privileged ports which are free. It cannot bind to ports which are already being used. No need to change the value of CLIENT_PORT_CEILING, since if the client cannot bind to any privileged ports it will try to bind to non privileged ones. But If the authentication being used on server side is ip based, it requires client to be bound to a privileged port.

regards,