Re: [Gluster-devel] Bug Reports

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Bug Reports
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:54:21 +0000

And another one - and this one is quite WTF-worthy. It may be the one that someone (Filipe, maybe?) reported and/or submitted a patch for recently, but I'm not sure.

OpenOffice seems to have decided to fall over when /home is mounted on
GlusterFS. It was working OK on qa1, but with rc1 it just dies. Removing
the ~/.openoffice.org2.0 directory makes things even worse because it
doesn't get re-created properly - some directories end up being created
as root, which is a neat trick consider OOo is running as an ordinary
user. Those directories also get created with 000 permissions, which is pretty wrong, since directories have to be executable. This works correctly if ~/ is on a non-gluster FS.

This is where it gets _really_ weird. If I make a directory /tmp/.openoffice.org2.0 and try to symlink it to ~/.openoffice.org2.0, what happens instead is a _real_ directory ~/.openoffice.org2.0 appears, and the symlink gets created inside it. Where that came from I have no idea. So, I delete the said directory, and go to the backing store and create the symlink there. That works fine, but then, open restarting all the servers there is no directory nor is there a symlink when viewed with ls! But - if I name the full directory (/home/gordan/.glusterfs.org2.0/), I can cd into it, and the content is there, as OOo created it, in /tmp!

And now my head really hurts. It seems that there is something quite thoroughly broken when it comes to symlink and directory handling. :(

But at least the glusterfs daemon notices that something is wrong:
2009-02-09 19:45:29 W [afr-self-heal-common.c:871:sh_missing_entries_lookup_cbk] home: path /gordan/.openoffice.org2.0 on subvolume home1 => -1 (No such file or directory) 2009-02-09 19:45:29 E [afr-self-heal-common.c:787:sh_missing_entries_create] home: conflicing filetypes exist for path /gordan/.openoffice.org2.0. returning. 2009-02-09 19:45:29 W [afr-self-heal-common.c:436:afr_sh_missing_entries_done] home: aborting selfheal of /gordan/.openoffice.org2.0

Gordan