Re: [Gluster-devel] Bug Reports

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Bug Reports
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:49:30 +0000

Anand Avati wrote:
I was also hoping that --disable-direct-io-mode might also fix the curses
issue with the kernel and the nVidia installer, but unfortunately, it
didn't. :(

Can you tell the exact errors which crop up during the failure? maybe
even get a screen/script log of the session?

This is the error - the bog standard error that the kernel compile throws up when ncurses-devel package is missing. Except it isn't missing in this case:

# make clean
# make menuconfig
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/docproc
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/hash
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/kxgettext.o
 *** Unable to find the ncurses libraries or the
 *** required header files.
 *** 'make menuconfig' requires the ncurses libraries.
 ***
 *** Install ncurses (ncurses-devel) and try again.
 ***
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/dochecklxdialog] Error 1
make: *** [menuconfig] Error 2
# rpm -qa | grep ncurses
ncurses-5.5-24.20060715
ncurses-devel-5.5-24.20060715
#

/usr/src/linux is on nfs
/ is on glusterfs

The same works when / is on ext3 (from two different machines that mount /usr/src from the nfs server).

Logs would be really useful, but I'm not sure how I could provide those until syslog support becomes available in glusterfs. :(

Gordan