[Gluster-devel] Effect of AFR's known file re-open issue on MySQL

From: David Sickmiller
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Effect of AFR's known file re-open issue on MySQL
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 00:53:53 -0500

Hi,

I'd like to confirm that I'm properly understanding how the "File re-opening after a server comes back up" known AFR issue affects the use of MySQL/InnoDB (and probably any other RDBMS). My impression is that MySQL/InnoDB opens a bunch of files when it starts, and it generally holds these files open until the database is shut down. This would mean that, if MySQL was started while a mirrored brick is offline, replication wouldn't happen until after shutting down MySQL. Is that so? This would unfortunately seem to work against my reason for having a redundant server cluster.

Is there any way to mitigate this issue? For example, would running "ls -lR" on the rejoining brick sync it up?

If not, any guesses on when the fix will be available?

Thanks,
David