[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs HA & AFR

From: Chris Mavin
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Glusterfs HA & AFR
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:36:48 +0000

Hi All,

Can someone clarify the following for me.

I'm using Glusterfs RC 2.

If I am using the HA translator rather than AFR, Does this expect to be using a shared storage accessible from both servers?

Put another way, is the HA translator simply a way of providing High availability for a SAN?

When I test it using 2 servers the active server is written to fine but the backup server simply gets a 0 byte file written to it.

Thanks

Chris.