Re: [Gluster-devel] File Clobbering Bug

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] File Clobbering Bug
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 01:45:06 +0000

I've done a bit more digging on this one and there is some extra weirdness happening. If a directory gets deleted via samba on the client, when the other server rejoins the file/directory can be seen with permissions 000. But the file ends up still being there. It also seems to end up being owned as root.

This sounds very suspiciously similar to the weirdness I was seeing with the ~/.openoffice directory. It looks like something doesn't replicate correctly when a server node rejoins. In this particular case, files were moved or deleted, but they deletes don't get healed correctly.

Trawling back through the logs, I can actually see entries from a few days ago:

2009-01-28 14:15:56 W [afr-self-heal-entry.c:471:afr_sh_entry_expunge_rmdir] home: removing directory /foo/bar on home2 2009-01-28 14:15:56 E [afr-self-heal-entry.c:449:afr_sh_entry_expunge_remove_cbk] home: removing /foo/bar on home2 failed (Directory not empty) 2009-01-28 14:15:56 W [afr-self-heal-entry.c:495:afr_sh_entry_expunge_unlink] home: unlinking file /foo/bar/baz on home2

This was when the entry in question was being deleted with the server down (I think it was, at least).

The files end up with 000 permissions owned by user 0 (root) group 0 (root).

When I repair the ownership and permissions on the files and delete them, this appears in the logs:

E [posix.c:2434:posix_xattrop] home-store: /foo/bar: Numerical result out of range

In other words, most of the problems I've been reporting recently appear to be somehow related.

I hope this helps.

Gordan

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
Gordan,

More clues would help us.

* Can you reproduce the problem without samba?
* Are perf xlators loaded? can you mail the vol files?
* do the logs indicate anything?

Krishna