[Gluster-devel] This bug hunt just gets weirder...

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: [Gluster-devel] This bug hunt just gets weirder...
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:12:19 +0000

OK, now I'm completely stumped.

I just moved the backing store on the primary server away to a new directory and re-created the share's root directory, so it can resync from the secondary.

Only it doesn't. When the primary mounts the AFR volume, it reads the volume with "ls -laR" as empty. If I blind cd into a directory and ls it, the directory then gets created in the local store, and I can browse it.

The setup is CentOS 5.2 x86-64, glusterfs-2.0.0rc1, gluster patched fuse 2.7.4.

Volume spec files are pasted here:

primary server:

volume home3
        type protocol/client
        option transport-type socket
        option transport.address-family inet
        option remote-host 10.2.0.10
        option remote-port 6997
        option remote-subvolume home3
end-volume

volume home-store
        type storage/posix
        option directory /gluster/home
end-volume

volume home2
        type features/posix-locks
        subvolumes home-store
end-volume

volume server
        type protocol/server
        option transport-type socket
        option transport.address-family inet
        option transport.socket.listen-port 6997
        subvolumes home2
        option auth.addr.home2.allow 127.0.0.1,10.2.*
end-volume

volume home
        type cluster/afr
        subvolumes home2 home3
        option read-subvolume home2
end-volume

secondary server:

volume home2
        type protocol/client
        option transport-type socket
        option transport.address-family inet
        option remote-host 10.2.3.1
        option remote-port 6997
        option remote-subvolume home2
end-volume

volume home-store
        type storage/posix
        option directory /gluster/home
end-volume

volume home3
        type features/posix-locks
        subvolumes home-store
end-volume

volume server
        type protocol/server
        option transport-type socket
        option transport.address-family inet
        option transport.socket.listen-port 6997
        subvolumes home3
        option auth.addr.home3.allow 127.0.0.1,10.2.*
end-volume

volume home
        type cluster/afr
        subvolumes home2 home3
        option read-subvolume home3
end-volume

The only other thing of note is that I'm passing the --disable-direct-io-mode parameter (I wanted tail -f to work properly).

No error appears in the log when ls-ing the share from the "empty" node.

Am I doing/overlooking something silly here due to a caffeine underflow error? :-/

Gordan