Re: [Gluster-devel] data sync problem with 2.0rc2 and rc4

From: Ivan Dimitrov
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] data sync problem with 2.0rc2 and rc4
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:14:13 +0200

From what I've found out during my testing with rc2, the problem is how replicate works. If you have two versions of files on remote1 and remote2 the way they are synced is determined by your replicate1 config.

volume replicate1
 type cluster/replicate
 subvolumes remote1 remote2
end-volume

In this case, remote1 will sync to remote2, but not vise-versa.

Am I wrong group?

Ben Mok написа:

Hi All,

I am using 2.0rc1 with distributed + replicated, following by http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Mixing_DHT_and_AFR , all data can be synchronized by “ls –R” after down server node is up. That’s cool, no need to run self-heal script !! But I tested 2.0rc2 and rc4, data can’t be sync and some files can’t be listed in client side after all server nodes are up. I am using the same config files for testing all versions, do I need to change something for rc2 and rc4?

Thank you so much !

Ben