Re: [Gluster-devel] rc8

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] rc8
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:05:13 +0100

Firefox and Thunderbird still have problems when home directories are running on (AFR/Replicate). For whatever reason, sometimes they don't clean up properly on exit (.parentlock file remains), so they often don't want to start up again until this is cleared manually.

Firefox's implementation of sqlite databases also seems to be having problems - bookmarks don't stick, for example. To reproduce the problem, have /home mounted on AFR, start up Firefox, save a bookmark, exit firefox. Start it up again. The bookmark won't be in the list. This is 100% reproducible for me. This also isn't a new problem, it's been around for as long as I can remember.

Gordan