Re: [Gluster-devel] rc8

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] rc8
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:50:23 +0100

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:33:06 +1000, Geoff Kassel
<address@hidden> wrote:

>    Has anyone seen signs of the data corruption or self-heal bugs for
this
> release candidate yet? It'd be really good if this release candidate
> finally puts the nails in the coffins of those worrisome bugs.

I haven't had a chance to test that, but then again I didn't have a
specific use-case that reliably triggered the bug.
I'll run a full md5 check on all the files in the tree and see if there are
differences. If there still are after a full:
ls -laR; find . -type f -exec head -c1 '{}' \;
Then I guess there are still problems with healing (e.g. metadata being the
same but file size being different not triggering healing according to
favorite-child heal-of-last-resort).

Will test for that tonight.

Gordan