Re: [Gluster-devel] 2.0.0 Finally Happened?

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 2.0.0 Finally Happened?
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 19:34:14 -0400 (EDT)

It looks young; not even permissions are supported, yet...

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Gordan Bobic wrote:

On 04/05/2009 23:01, ender wrote:
If you have an _immediate_ need for a fuse mountable
clustered filesystem you might want to look at :
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MountableHDFS HDFS does replication(+ self
heal) well.

Interesting, not heard of that one before. Have you used it? What is your experience of it? Is there readable mmap support? How does it compare to GlusterFS performance-wise? How gracefully does it handle disconnections and reconnections compared to AFR? Is it _really_ more stable than GlusterFS?

I guess I really ought to try it, but for my intended use case it would mean writing support for it into Open Shared Root. Not that that's a problem, I've added GlusterFS support to it before, but it might be a month or so before I get around to it...

Gordan