Re: [Gluster-devel] serious bug in Threaded I/O Translator

From: Shehjar Tikoo
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] serious bug in Threaded I/O Translator
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 18:18:34 +0530

Alpha Electronics wrote:
The latest version gluster 2.0.0 has a bug in I/O xlator:

if we have this: volume iothreads type performance/io-threads option
thread-count 8  # deault is 1 subvolumes <x> end-volume

it reported: iothreads: '8' in 'option thread-count 8' is out of
range [16 - 256]

it works fine when we were at gluster 2.0.0rc4. Looks some bugs
introduced after rc4. Please let us know when it got fixed.

Its not a bug. The range limits are only advisory in nature. glusterfsd
will continue working with a lower value you specify for thread-count.

There is a patch in the pipeline that fixes the confusion about min and
max values for thread-count.

-Shehjar

thanks Doug