Re: [Gluster-devel] 2.0.1

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 2.0.1
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 19:20:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Gordan Bobic wrote:

Gordan Bobic wrote:
SQLite is still unstable with 2.0.1. Bookmarks in firefox still don't work when /home is on GlusterFS.

First access immediately after mounting still fails, too.

FYI, I haven't seen the first-access-on-mounting problem since one of the earlier 2.0.0RCs. I don't need to first "ls" my filesystems, they just work from the start.

I hope to try a GlusterFS as my home directory soon and will be very interested to see if I hit any trouble with FireFox bookmarks.

Problems I see in 2.0.1:

1) dht warns that the subvolumes are 100% full, even if they're empty. It seems to work fine, anyway.

2) File writes to a kernel-NFS-reexported GlusterFS are marked dirty by replicate, such that self-heal is triggered when stat'ing the directory. The unfs3 user-mode NFS server does not trigger this issue, nor do non-NFS writes.

3) replicate self-heal fails to preserve mtime.

4) GlusterFS seems to have trouble creating or renaming files that match the pattern '..*.*.*'; this is noticed when rsyncing directories containing dot-files.

Thanks,

Brent