Re: [Gluster-devel] 2.0.2 compatible with 2.0.1?

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 2.0.2 compatible with 2.0.1?
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 16:08:19 +0100

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:20:23 -0400 (EDT), Brent A Nelson
<address@hidden>
wrote:
> I tried upgrading one node in my distributed afr cluster to the 2.0.2
> tar.gz currently undergoing testing, and I found that the new servers
were
> refusing connections from 2.0.1 clients, and the 2.0.2 clients didn't
seem
> to be talking to the old 2.0.1 servers. Is this intentional, or did
> someone unnecessarily increase the protocol version so that the two ends
> incorrectly concluded that they were incompatible, or ...?

I am not aware that there has ever been any compatibility between different
versions. Whether this is strictly necessary or not, I'm not sure. I
suspect a sufficient level of maturity hasn't yet been reached to be able
to separate the protocol and core versions.

Gordan