[Gluster-devel] Re: Problem with file renaming

From: He Xiaobin
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Re: Problem with file renaming
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 23:39:35 +0800

hi, I have tracked the file renaming problem in my configuration ( I have mentioned in http://xiaoyou.qq.com/index.php?mod=home ). It seems that the problem coming because the file has the wrong position. For example, In my configuration(distribute->client->server->lock->posix), I have two servers, on client. The problem behaved as following:
In CLIENT side:
  address@hidden home] ls /mnt/glusterfs/src
  total 0
In Servre side:
  address@hidden home] ls /tank/export/src
2
address@hidden home] ls /tank/export/src
1
I once thought there should be two files (1 and 2), but as you have seen, it shown nothing. If you create a file named 1, it sould be placed on sever1, and server2 for file 2. As the gluster placed file on severs by the file's name(Though I not quite sure),  I think there might too reasons invoking this problem:
  1) the hash function works in a wrong way sometimes;
  2) the sever disconneted when client was creating files.
I can provide more information if it helps. Thanks.
He Xiaobin