Re: [Gluster-devel] OS X 10.5 PPC client does not connect

From: Ate Poorthuis
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] OS X 10.5 PPC client does not connect
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 14:50:51 +0200

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Vikas Gorur <address@hidden> wrote:

----- "Ate Poorthuis" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Gluster clients running on PPC on Mac OS X 10.5 are not able to
> connect to
> the server. The exact same configuration on a OS X intel machine
> works
> perfectly. I have the following errors in my logs.

It would be very helpful if you can run the server in DEBUG mode and
try to connect, and send us the resulting logs. Also, can you double check
that both the client and server GlusterFS are the same version?

Also, which version of GlusterFS are you running? A recent commit
fixed a byte-order issue that might be relevant here. If possible try
running with the latest git and let us know.

Vikas
--
Engineer - http://gluster.com/

A: Because it messes up the way people read text.
Q: Why is a top-posting such a bad thing?
--

I'm running 2.0.2, both on the clients and servers. Vijay pointed me to that patch (http://patches.gluster.com/patch/574/) yesterday. I applied it to 2.0.2 and it indeed solved the issue.