Re: [Gluster-devel] Memory Leak Strikes Again

From: Raghavendra G
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Memory Leak Strikes Again
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 09:35:23 +0400

Hi Gordon,

There was a patch submitted by gowda and accepted regarding a memory leak in
logging.

The commit id is 8d74fe9ba6c3c2f68f71cacd56fad9328b8b0090

Can this fix the leak observed above?

regards,
Raghavendra

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Gordan Bobic <address@hidden> wrote:
Anand Avati wrote:
I have just put it back as it was (mounted with
-o direct-io-mode=off,log-level=NONE,log-file=/dev/null
and sure enough the leak disappeared. The CPU usage is also down to a much
more reasonable 25-30%.

Should I bother with a bugzilla report, or is this already a known issue in
2.0.2?

We have not faced any leaks associated with direct-io-mode or logs.
Please do file a bug report with the steps to reproduce it.

Filed bug 122.

Gordan