Re: [Gluster-devel] Tiny glitch in mount script in 2.0.4

From: Amar Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Tiny glitch in mount script in 2.0.4
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:32:54 -0700

Hi Brent,
Thanks for reporting. we think removing 'function' seems to be better fix than changing /bin/sh to /bin/bash. I will be sending a patch for this.

Regards,
Amar

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Brent A Nelson <address@hidden> wrote:
On my hardy system, /bin/sh refers to dash.  The new /sbin/mount.glusterfs still uses /bin/sh, but its function definitions have changed from "function-name ()" to "function function-name ()", which is bash syntax.

If I change the top line from "#!/bin/sh" to "#!/bin/bash", all is well. Otherwise, I get a syntax error at line 21.  For systems where /bin/sh is a link to bash, this would not be a problem.

Thanks,

Brent