[Gluster-devel] Missing files?

From: Roger Torrentsgenerós
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Missing files?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:10:44 +0200

Hi all,

I have been witnessing some strange behaviour with my GlusterFS system.
Fact is there are some files which exist and are completely accessible
in the server, while they can't be accessed from a client, while other
files do.

To be sure, I copied the same files to another directory and I still was
unable to see them from the client. To be sure it wasn't any kind of
file permissions, selinux or whatever issue, I created a copy from a
working directory, and still wasn't seen from the client. All I get is
a:

ls: .: No such file or directory

And the client log says:

[2009-07-22 14:04:18] W [fuse-bridge.c:1651:fuse_opendir]
glusterfs-fuse: 104778: OPENDIR (null) (fuse_loc_fill() failed)

While the server log says nothing.

Funniest thing is the same client has another GlusterFS mount to another
server, which has exactly the same contents as the first one, and this
mount does work.

Some data:

address@hidden /]# ls /mnt/file01/cust/rtpa/
ls: /mnt/file01/cust/rtpa/: No such file or directory

address@hidden /]# ls /mnt/file02/cust/rtpa/
configs  files  outgoing  reports

address@hidden /]# mount
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
glusterfs#file01.priv on /mnt/file01 type fuse
(rw,max_read=131072,allow_other,default_permissions)
glusterfs#file02.priv on /mnt/file02 type fuse
(rw,max_read=131072,allow_other,default_permissions)

address@hidden /]# ls /file/data/cust/rtpa
configs  files  outgoing  reports

address@hidden /]# ls /file/data/cust/rtpa
configs  files  outgoing  reports