Re: [Gluster-devel] directory lock durning file self-healing

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] directory lock durning file self-healing
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:23:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Vikas Gorur wrote:

Virtualization environments are one of our major focus areas right now.
We have contributed to the oVirt project to add GlusterFS support
(http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=ovirt-server.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/next). We
hope you'll use GlusterFS too!

Vikas
--

Isn't there also an issue where, if a file is open on a replicated GlusterFS, the process accessing the file will get an error if the node it had open goes down (even though there's a replica available)? Or is there already a way around that or in the works?

If this is an issue, then a virtual machine open from an image on a replicated GlusterFS would think it lost its filesystem and freak out, and you'd have to kill and restart the virtual machine.

Thanks,

Brent