Re: [Gluster-devel] GLUSTER and Databases

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GLUSTER and Databases
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 00:27:13 +0100

Dan Farrell wrote:
On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:27:25 +0100
Gordan Bobic <address@hidden> wrote:

Either way, it is unlikely that any database performance problems
will be solved by a cluster file system.

mysql can cluster, although I don't believe postgreSQL has support

PostgreSQL can cluster, you just have to write your own remote connectivity functions and triggers to do the replication exactly how you want it. It's much more flexible and powerful, although as you say, clustering/replication isn't built in.

Note, however, that I said "cluster file system", not a database cluster.

Gordan