Re: [Gluster-devel] xattrs and bug 9

From: Mark Mielke
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] xattrs and bug 9
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:33:47 -0400

On 08/14/2009 02:26 PM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
Jamson Hariss wrote:
Hello.

In 2.0.6 "bug 9" has been "fixed", meaning that extended attributes
'trusted.afr.volume' are no longer visible from mount point. I was using
those attributes to determine on which brick files actually reside and
perform checksumming on them to ensure that replicate works as intended
(which it occasionally does not).

My question - is there a way in 2.0.6 to know on which brick file
actually resides in AFR? On a side note - why it was necessary to remove
those attributes in the first place?

Maybe I'm missing something important here, but with AFR a file should reside on ALL bricks. If it isn't then something has gone badly wrong.

I think he means "which brick is authoritative". Or, that's what I assumed anyways...

I suspect the purpose is for manual heal in the case that self-heal does not work?

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke<address@hidden>