[Gluster-devel] Re: [Gluster-users] 2.0.6

From: Anand Avati
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Re: [Gluster-users] 2.0.6
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 05:42:45 -0500 (CDT)

> It is perfectly clear to us that glusterfs(d) is the reason for the
> box
> becoming instable and producing a hang even on a local fs (you cannot
> df on
> the exported partition for example).
> We will therefore continue with debugging as told before.

glusterfsd is just another application as far as the backend export filesystem
is concerned. If your backend export fs is hung and refuses to respond to df, I
would refuse to accept that glusterfsd is guilty. If your backend filesystem
ended in that state, it is a bug in the backend fs. glusterfsd is just another
application which issues system calls and does not do anything funky at all. If
an application issuing system calls is causing the export fs to stop responding
to df, it is not the fault of the application. If you can get dmesg output at
the time of such a hang, that might have some hard evidence.

Avati