[Gluster-devel] Add me too for lockup of system for very simple GlusterF

From: Mark Mielke
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Add me too for lockup of system for very simple GlusterFS config...
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 00:30:42 -0400

Ouch. I used a very simple configuration. The server has a posix volume with a server volume. The client has single client brick with a cluster/replicate. I'd show you the volume files, but the server won't shut down and restart to let me show you them, and I'll have to go in to the server room to restart it.

I can still ssh in and run basic commands, but as soon as I try and 'cd' around on the system, or run commands like 'df', my terminal locks up. Control-C and Control-Z do nothing.

This is Fedora 11 / x86_64, with GlusterFS 2.1.0-git. I use ext4 for a file system.

Personally, I buy that GlusterFS is a user space application, and FUSE is supposed to prevent these sorts of problems from being possible - but whatever the cause, it seems that GlusterFS on a modern Linux kernel, and modern file system, can easily cause a lockup.

Ouch.

If you tell me what commands you would like me to run, I'll try to help out in diagnosing the problem. I am new to GlusterFS, and this was really my first test.

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke<address@hidden>