[Gluster-devel] 2.0.6 patch for io-cache pattern-matched non-caching

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Subject: [Gluster-devel] 2.0.6 patch for io-cache pattern-matched non-caching
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:29:55 +0200

Hello all,

here is a small feature patch. Its intention is to give the user more control
over the files performance/io-cache really caches. If the user knows exactly
which files should be cached and which shouldn't there is currently no way to
tell glusterfs _not_ to cache certain pattern. This patch allows you to
disable caching by setting the priority of a pattern to "0". If you do not
give any priority option it works just like before and caches everything.
Honestly I am not totally sure that disabling caching works the way we did it,
please comment.

Stephan