Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.0pre1

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.0pre1
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 13:00:21 -0800

Nathan Stratton wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Gordan Bobic wrote:

It would appear that this requires fuse-devel to build, at least as an RPM. My understanding was that 3.0 doesn't require fuse libraries and talks directly to the kernel module. Is that an error in my understanding or an error in the spec file for building the RPMs?

Wow 3.0! I am still waiting for 2.1, what did I miss?

-Nathan

Hi Nathan,
2.1 *is* 3.0. We are launching Gluster Storage Platform 3.0 this week. We
wanted to keep
GlusterFS and storage platform version in sync. We had a lot of discussion
internally
debating if we should call 2.1 or 3.0. Gluster Platform is a significant
release for us
and deserves 3.0 version. Keeping version in sync will remove a lot of
confusion. At least
we are not going back from v2008 to v7 ;).

--
Anand Babu Periasamy
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31