Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.0pre1 (Whats in 3.0)

From: Nathan Stratton
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.0pre1 (Whats in 3.0)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:49:51 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Anand Babu Periasamy wrote:

Key highlights of 3.0 are
* Background self-healing: Applications won't be blocked any more during healing operation. * Checksum based healing: Rsync like healing mechanism to heal only the inconsistent blocks within a file. * Healing on the fly: Files can be healed even when the files are open and application is performing active I/O. * Generation numbers: Self-healing can now reliably handle tricky corner cases (such as "rm -rf" bug).

Great list! I assume direct-io will be supported for virtualization as well? The above and disable-direct-io are the last things keeping us from launching Gluster on our Xen cluster.

-Nathan