Re: [Gluster-devel] Stripe or Unify to achieve RAID-0 alike FS

From: Brian Hirt
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Stripe or Unify to achieve RAID-0 alike FS
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:44:41 -0700

If your bricks are full, you are probably going to have problems with any type of setup.    In general, I would say that the preferred method of people here is unify over striping.  If you are dealing with huge files that are bigger than your disk, that might be a reason to use striping, however i have no experience with using gluster for such things or dealing with files that large.

FYI, neither strip or unify creates redundancy alone, you still need combine them with something, probably the distribute translator.