[Gluster-devel] Gluster 2.0.8 and Xen

From: Nathan Stratton
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Gluster 2.0.8 and Xen
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:35:04 -0600 (CST)

Should this work? I understand there are issues. I know that self heal takes forever, I know that I have to use disable-direct-io, I know that I must use file rather then tap:aio. However, should basic redundancy work? When a node crashes, I seam to lose all xen VMs that are using that node even tho I have another node in distribute that is working.

My config is simple, 4 nodes using distribute and replicate.

http://share.robotics.net/glusterfs.vol
http://share.robotics.net/glusterfsd.vol

Any help is appreciated, we are getting ready to buy netapp, something I rather not do.

<>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com