[Gluster-devel] glusterfs process and deleted file handles

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs process and deleted file handles
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 23:21:28 +0000

I'm seeing something peculiar. lsof is showing glusterfs as having deleted file handles open in the backing store. That's fine, those file handles are open by the process running on top of it. But the process running on top of glusterfs isn't showing the same file handle as deleted. That seems odd. Is that normal?

The deleted files in question were prelink files. Restarting the processes having those handles open cleared them. I'd still like to know, though, why they were showing as deleted in the backing store but this wasn't being passed up to the mounted level.

Gordan