Re: [Gluster-devel] find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong?

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong?
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:14:49 +0000

Actually, this may not be triggered by "make clean". I'm doing the following to test and prime the caches prior to the build:

make clean; find . -type f -exec cat '{}' > /dev/null \;; sync; time make -j8 all

so the error message mentioned was almost certainly the find command.

Gordan

Gordan Bobic wrote:
During my performance testing of various combinations of glfs and nfs using the kernel build process, I came across something in some configurations.

Specifically, during make clean after building:

find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for ./arch/x86_64/kernel: this may be a bug in your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option. Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have been searched.

In the logs:
[2010-01-08 11:08:08] E [posix.c:3156:do_xattrop] src-store: getxattr failed on /redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.18/linux-2.6.18.x86_64/.tmp_versions while doing xattrop: No such file or directory

Is there some kind of write re-ordering optimization going on that breaks things?

The volume spec file I'm using is attached. The server 1 in AFR is powered down, and server 3 uses a similar spec file but without the caching applied since it is a slave-only backup server that no applications connect to.

The client machine is connecting via unfsd.

Gordan