[Gluster-devel] very big problem

From: nicolas prochazka
Subject: [Gluster-devel] very big problem
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:43:18 +0100

Hello,
my config is very standard, see at this end of this email.
With 2.0 branche ( configuration file with same translator) , glusterfs is working.
With 3.0.x ( 3.0.0 / 3.0.1 ) glusterfs is not working correctly :
When I boot system ( 2 servers in replicate mode) , all is ok, as soon I desactivate network card of glusterfs server ( eth1 ) , my two servers reboot between 2 and 5 minutes !!
Log logs nothing as server reboot, i'm trying with kernel from 2.6.32 -> 2.6.33 : same things
If i running just glusterfs server, without client, nothing reboot.
I suspect a fuse module bad usage with gluster

Regards,
NP

volume 10.98.98.1
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp/client
option remote-host 10.98.98.1
option transport.socket.nodelay on
option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume 10.98.98.10
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp/client
option remote-host 10.98.98.10
option transport.socket.nodelay on
option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

# -------------    Create Brick Replicate  definition
volume last0
type cluster/replicate
subvolumes 10.98.98.1 10.98.98.10
end-volume

# -------------    Create Distribute definition
volume last
type cluster/distribute
subvolumes  last0
end-volume

volume iothreads
type performance/io-threads
option thread-count 8
subvolumes last
end-volume

volume io-cache
type performance/io-cache
option cache-size 2GB             # default is 32MB
option cache-timeout 5  # default is 1
subvolumes iothreads
end-volume

volume writebehind
type performance/write-behind
option cache-size 4MB
subvolumes io-cache
end-volume

cat /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-server.vol
volume brickless
type storage/posix
option directory /mnt/disks/export
end-volume

volume brickthread
type features/locks
subvolumes brickless
end-volume

volume brickcache
type performance/io-cache
option cache-size 2GB             # default is 32MB
option cache-timeout 2  # default is 1
subvolumes brickthread
end-volume

volume brick
type performance/io-threads
option thread-count 8
subvolumes brickcache
end-volume

volume server
type protocol/server
subvolumes brick
option client-volume-filename /etc/glusterfs/Gglusterfs-client.vol
option transport-type tcp
option transport.socket.nodelay on
option verify-volfile-checksum no
option auth.addr.brick.allow 10.98.98.*