Re: [Gluster-devel] gluster 3.0.0 catastrophic crash during basic file c

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] gluster 3.0.0 catastrophic crash during basic file creation test
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 18:28:39 +0000

Tejas N. Bhise wrote:
Besides that, if you have recently upgraded to 3.0.0,
please consider 3.0.2 which would be out very soon
( your can even try 3.0.2rc1 ). It has much better
performance that previous versions too.

I'm no longer that convinced. My observation is that latencies in the glfs+unfsd use-case are _much_ higher with 3.0.2rc1 than they were with 2.0.9. So much higher that the setup is nearly unusable for /home. I haven't observed this slow-down with other things on glfs root, though, only with unfsd exports. io-cache and write-behind translators seem to help a lot, but I'm still weary of using any performance translators at the moment, especially with the spurious disconnects I mentioned in a separate thread.

Gordan