Re: [Gluster-devel] Posix locks - Patch works

From: Pavan Sondur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Posix locks - Patch works
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 04:54:11 -0600 (CST)

Hi Florian,
You are most likely running into an issue we observed while running autoreconf
- sometimes it would hang on locks, especially when the applications issue
flock calls. A patch has been sent for review -
http://patches.gluster.com/patch/2759/
Although it has not made it to the repo, you can test it out and see if it
fixes your problem. Also, while this problem is happening, can you send us the
following info to better identify if it is the same issue or any other bug:

* Run the server processes in log-level TRACE
* In the locks translator, turn this option on - 'option trace on'
* When you observe a hang issue signal USR1 to glusterfs server process - 'kill
-s USR1 <pid>'
  It dumps the process state dump in '/tmp/glusterdump.<pid>'
 Send us the above information to debug the problem.

Also send us the kernel version you are using (both clients and servers) and
the FUSE kernel module version.

Pavan