[Gluster-devel] Language mess with storage platform

From: Kunthar
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Language mess with storage platform
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:09:13 +0200

I wanted to give a localized lang file for my users. And found this.

file -i en.ini.php
en.ini.php: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

/etc/init.d/httpd
HTTPD_LANG=${HTTPD_LANG-"C"}

echo $LANG

If i wanted to use utf-8 crafted lang file, system basically hangs at
second step.
You do not want to disrupt normal script operations at system level,
but you are sacrificing the main reason of those language files.

How i can make it work now?
Can we use utf-8 as a system wide variable? "en_US.UTF-8"

Kunth