[Gluster-devel] Gluster failover question

From: Scott Whitney
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Gluster failover question
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 16:11:34 -0500 (CDT)

We're moving to an HA solution in my SaaS environment, and I'm looking at using
Gluster 2.09 (32 bit hardware) and CentOS 5.5.

This is up and running as such:
gluster1 -- data server
gluster2 -- data server
app1 -- app server (mounts the glusterfs in /home)
app2 -- app server (ditto)

Here's my question.

Test 1:
create /home/foo and add 10 files on app1
ls /home/foo on app2 -- I see them
ls /data/export/foo on gluster1/gluster2 -- I see them

Test2:
rm -rf /home/foo on app2
ls on the other 3. The directory is gone

Test3:
create /home/foo and add 5 files on app1
shutdown gluster2
add 5 more files
startup gluster2
ls /data/export/foo on app1/app2/gluster1 -- I see 10 files
ls /data/export/foo on gluster2 -- I see only the 5 files created when the
server was up.

How is the failover/replication supposed to work in the situation that one of
the backend RAID1 servers goes down?

config files attached