Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs on NetBSD

From: Emmanuel Dreyfus
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs on NetBSD
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:54:44 +0000

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:35:46PM +0530, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> basename_r() and dirname_r() can be added to compat.c in libglusterfs/src.
> The above defines can be added to compat.h in the same directory.
> Most conditionally compilable code in glusterfs is present in the
> compat.[ch] files.

I borrowed glibc basename and dirname and added them in compat.c,
renamed with _r and guarded by an ifdef __NetBSD__. GF_BSD_HOST_OS
should not be used, as FreeBSD's implemntation is thread-safe.

It works fine. I also fixed  a few additionnal bugs in the code where
a pointer returned by dirname is free'ed. Even on Linux this may break,
as calling dirname("") will return "." (as mandated by SUSv2) from
static storage. I am not sure such a situation arise with glusterfs,
though.

Who wants my patches?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus