[Gluster-devel] Announcing GlusterFS v3.1 Beta

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Announcing GlusterFS v3.1 Beta
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:36:12 +0530

Hi All ,

We are excited to announce the availability of beta release for GlusterFS v3.1.

As detailed earlier in this mailer, this release introduces the dynamic volume management capabilities. Dynamic volume management allows you to add, remove, and migrate storage servers with no downtime or machine restarts. All of the dynamic volume management is driven through the gluster Command Line Interface, on which you have provided us valuable inputs. The Gluster native NFS implementation is also included in the build.

We encourage the developer community to participate in testing, report bugs, send patches and give feedback on functionality. The beta release is intended for QA testing purposes only, not all bugs are fixed, and the usual caveats apply. We value your opinion and would love to hear your feedback, good or bad, to ensure the highest quality product.

Please send your feedback to address@hidden

To access the beta code please visit: http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/3.1/GlusterFS/

Early documentation to get you started can be found here: http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFS_3.1beta

Release Notes for GlusterFS v3.1alpha can be found at: http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/3.1/GlusterFS/GlusterFS_3.1Beta_release_notes.pdf